The fall 2013 German/American Journalist Exchange Program will run from September 16-27. Sponsored by the RIAS Berlin Kommission, the program will feature briefings with top-level German political, business and media figures in Berlin, participation in German national election day activities in the former east German city of Erfurt, visits with bankers in Frankfurt, and closed out with meetings in Brussels, Belgium at the EU and NATO. The electronic journalists selected for this program are:
- Dee Carden, Assignment Editor, ABC News, Washington, DC
- Amy Cherry, Assistant News Director, WDEL, Wilmington, DE
- Sandy Hausman, Reporter, Virginia Public Radio, Charlottesville, VA
- John Hendricks, Reporter, NewsChannel 21, Bend, OR
- Audrey Irvine, Senior Director, CNN, Atlanta, GA
- Crystal Isaac, Producer, KTRK-TV, Houston, TX
- Kelly Isenor, Producer, WBZ-TV, Boston, MA
- Nate Isenor, Videographer, WBZ-TV, Boston, MA
- Tracy Samilton, Senior Producer, Michigan Public Radio, Ann Arbor, MI
- Martha Shade, News Editor, CNN, Atlanta, GA
- Max Smith, Editor/Reporter, WTOP News Radio, Washington, DC
- Sophat Soeung, New Media Editor, Voice of America, Washington, DC
- Christina Williams, Anchor/Reporter, WTVG-ABC13, Toledo, OH
Since 1994 the RTDNF has administered this media fellowship as part of its German/American Journalist Exchange Program with the RIAS Berlin Kommission. "We are delighted to welcome a new class of fellows to our German exchange program," said Mike Cavender, RTDNF Executive Director. "We look forward to hearing about their experiences and seeing them bring what they've learned back to their newsrooms."
The RIAS Berlin Kommission is a bi-national organization established in 1992 to promote understanding between the United States and Germany in the field of broadcasting. Each exchange program is fully financed by the RIAS Berlin Kommission, a non-profit, non-governmental organization.
The application deadline for 2014 programs in Germany and Europe will be March 1, 2014. For further information on the RTDNF Germany fellowship and the bi-annual application, please visit our RIAS program page or contact Jon Ebinger at email@example.com.